If the sum of your costs exceeds the sum of your income, you have made a loss in this tax year. You can carry this loss forward to the following years.

This reduces your taxable income for future years. In order to receive this tax bonus in the form of a loss carry-forward, you must submit your tax return to the tax office.

You will receive a separate notice from the tax office about the determination of the loss carry-forward.

The next time you file your tax return and have to pay tax, the losses carried forward will be offset against your tax liability. The tax office notes the amount and automatically carries out the offset.

Did this answer your question?