You can claim income-related expenses (Werbungskosten) as a pensioner. These are expenses and costs that serve to acquire, secure and maintain your pension income.
How to enter your costs in the Taxfix app
You can enter your income-related expenses you want to claim in connection with your pension income when you record your pension in the "Income" category. We ask for the most tax-relevant costs so that you can easily follow the course of the questions.
Which income-related expenses can I claim as a pensioner?
Relevant income-related expenses for pensioners are, for example:
- Expenses incurred in the course of applying for the pension, such as office supplies, travel expenses, etc.
- Costs for a lawyer, legal costs or consultants, if the costs were incurred in the context of applying for or maintaining the pension
- Costs for specialist literature on the pension
- Costs for filing your tax return (for example, you can also deduct the costs for Taxfix)
- Expenses for trade unions or professional associations
Flat rate for income-related expenses for pensioners
Every pensioner is entitled to an annual flat rate for income-related expenses in the amount of 102 euros. If you have no or lower income-related expenses, your tax office will automatically apply this lump sum. Our app also takes it into account if you do not claim higher costs.
Please note that the lump sum only applies once. If you have received more than one pension, only 102 euros will be taken into account each year.
Income-related expenses in the overview of your taxes
In the overview of your tax calculation in the Taxfix app, income-related expenses for your pension are listed under the heading “Other Income” - "Pension income" as "Expenses". If you have entered no or lower costs, the flat rate of 102 euros is automatically taken into account.